A basic overview of what the the rest of the day and the next day consisted of:
- Listening to a children's book in English.
- Attempted to help with dinner. ( Tomoko gave me little things to do )
- Playing with the cats. ( Melon continued to attack my cellphone)
- Watched T.V ( A celebrity game show with Gackt! Eeeeeek! Also I found out why those types of shows are so popular. It was a show basically judging celebrities on what they can do i.e ironing, cooking an omlet etc. etc.)
- Showed Tomoko friends & family via facebook. (no one was spared )
- Watched a documentary on arctic animals in English. ( and listened to the kid's excitement)
- Took a shower and used the tub! ( Was super nervous to do so because they use the same water for the family.)
- Slept ( it was super cold too )
The next day we woke up early because we were going on a trip!
- Ate breakfast. ( first time trying a poached egg and didn't like it.)
- Packed everything I bought. ( It was slightly sad, and I wanted Kintsuba.)
- Saw gas prices again. ( kinda understood them, kids get candy if they take the receipt in?)
- Saw beautiful mountains, temples built into hills, the other side of the Lake Biwa and scenery. ( I officially LOVE mountains!)
- Met some of Moe, Tomoko's and Hayato's friends. ( They were learning English, so were speaking broken English to one another. Also there was a baby involved, and found out that Shigeyuki was going fishing.)
- Met another one of Tomoko's friends who spoke good English. ( I asked Tomoko and Shigeyuki why they didn't learn English before leaving. They answered it as they just didn't learn it and their parents didn't make them.)
- Went to the Moriyama Aquarium/Museum. ( One of Tomoko's friend's kids slipped into the Koi pond and they had to leave to get her changed. Another friend and I were kind of chuckling because the little girl left a trail of water and the janitor thought a kid had wet herself. I also followed around Hayato to make sure he didn't run off or get hurt. Don't ask me why)
|Guides in English. Also got a discount for ISIC card|
|The little girl fell into this small pond with Koi.|
|Moe, Hayato, and one of their friends. This is the tunnel you go through to go deeper into the museum.|
- Received Kompeito! ( Ate one container and saved the other haha!)
- Returned back to JCMU's Dormitory & embarrassed myself as I gave a thank you speech to the family.
It was a sad and happy day. I had lots of fun and wished I spoke more to Shigeyuki & Tomoko, but I was also relieved to be back at JCMU. At first I was hesitant to do a home stay of any kind because I thought of being a burden on a family that I didn't know and just also my shy nature. Honestly I had a good time, and I was able to learn a little bit more about a young family.
I actually do miss them.