Thursday, January 10, 2013

First...well second problem...


It was more of an adventure actually!

Yesterday after class, and avoiding going to the City Hall (which I am going to do today) I went back to the grocery store to pick up somethings that I decided not to bring with me. While there I picked up some extra things, like a hat because I lost mine when arriving in Los Angeles. I don't even know how that happened, I touched my head and it was gone. I also got a thicker scarf, because the wind from the lake Biwa is crazy strong and my scarf isn't strong enough. I feel like it's colder here than in Wisconsin. I don't live that far away from the lake, but here WE ARE ON THE LAKE. It's behind our dorms. The dorms are colder than it is outside too...I don't understand that, but the good thing is that we have heat!





Behind the Academic Building







The lake in the middle of Lake Biwa










After getting all the necessities I get to the check out line, and my card doesn't work. The cashier lady was apologizing to me and called for a manager. After grabbing all of my stuff I was moved to the service desk I was told that I had to call my bank(mind you I already called them to let them know I would be in Japan) and then I tried another card and that one didn't work.

(Now I was calmly freaking out in my head, because I used it the day before and I also transferred money over too so I know I had money.)

I was told that I needed to go to the ATM and get money. I went the ATM and realized it was all in Japanese(of course.) I couldn't read any of it cause there was so much Kanji, I could read two of them, but the one that I needed I couldn't read. :/ Not wanting the machine to eat my card I asked one of the store clerks to help me when the ATM, which he did and I found out that I couldn't use it either!

So I hauled my butt to 7 eleven, oh yeah and the day before that I found out they gave me the wrong lock combination and so the bike tour was non-existent to me so I didn't know where I needed to go.

Hahaha!!
....

Anyways the painful, windy ride to the grocery store, I rode my bike for 20-25 minutes along the river and I found one of the convenience stores but not the 7 eleven. Riding a bit further I came to the highway exit and immediately turned around and asked for the directions. The I eventually found out that I passed the 7 eleven

I also found red bull at the 7 eleven! of course everything is in Japanese:





More to come later!

-A

1 comment:

  1. Damn, sounds like a crazy first few days.
    Ah, the woes of travel...

    ReplyDelete