Saturday, April 6, 2013

Meanwhile at JCMU: Kimonos, well Yukatas

For Friday's cultural project a hand full of girls and a few guys were able to try on Yukatas. It says Kimono on the schedule, but Kimonos are only for large and very important events ( Weddings, Graduation ceremonies etc. ) So we were able to wear Yukatas, which led everyone into a furry to buy one including me! During this session we learned how to wrap ourselves into a Yukata and also how to tie a bow with our Obi. Somehow I became the model for that part and I swear the professor that was teaching us how to do everything squeezed the breath out of me.




Japan doesn't need corsets they have Yukatas and Kimonos to squeeze the breath out of them!

Anyway here are some pictures:





 I still need to buy a Yukata...but I'm really picky!! Bah!







No comments:

Post a Comment