Saturday, April 13, 2013

Well that was slightly unexpected....

I think Japan was trying to tell me something this morning...
This morning I woke up suddenly for a reason unknown I think since being here I've become a light sleeper. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not, but I can practically hear everything inside of the dormitory.

Sounds creepy doesn't it?

I laid in my bed and tried to go back to sleep only to hear a creaking noise outside, rolling on to my back I tried to get more comfortable when suddenly I felt the swaying of my bed.

What?
My reactions at 5:30am:




I was confused and slightly disoriented, but then I immediately thought it was an earthquake. I laid on my back looking up at my ceiling and to the dress that hung from a hook, it was slightly swinging back and forth. I laid frozen until the swinging of the dress stopped and wondered if there would be a stronger wave. As soon as it stopped I hopped on to my computer ( which has been giving me problems lately) and checked out the Japan Earthquake radar.

Indeed there was an earthquake. A 6 magnitude off of the island Shikoku, which is a good distance away from Hikone. I think we felt a 3 instead of a 6. Either way it was an interesting experience! Our director in the beginning of the program talked about earthquakes which kinda freaked me out, he said it sounds like a really loud truck running through the building.

That does not sound cool to me at all.

Because of that I was really hopping that I wouldn't experience an earthquake, and I think Japan told me I couldn't leave without experiencing one.

Well done Japan, well done.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA. Yes, how does it feel to have experienced it? Like you've lived to see another day?! Scary, huh? I've felt that twice and I can def. say that I'd be fine if I never did again!

    ReplyDelete